The Fatwa Division of Selangor Mufti Department performs the following functions: -
- Conduct research on issues requiring decisions of the Selangor Consultative Committee of Islamic Law (FATWA).
- Provide systematic information regarding problems pertaining to fatwas.
- Issue guidelines to overcome disagreements arising from khilafiah matters.
- Manage and conduct conferences, multaqa, seminars, workshops and all relevant meetings.
- Spreading fatwas that have been decreed by the Consultative Committee of Islamic Law (FATWA) as a guidance for Muslims.
- Develop methodology aspects for Istinbat and Fatwa.