- Mufti Selangor
- List of Previous Mufti
List of Previous Mufti
Sheikhul Islam (1935 - 1952)
Tengku Mahmud Zuhdi bin Tengku Abdul Rahman
- Born in 1885 in Pattani, Thailand.
- Studied in Mecca for 21 years.
- Was an ulama in Mecca under the reign of Sultan Sharif Hussein, Saudi Arabia.
- Was the Selangor Religious Adviser between 1930 and 1935 and subsequently appointed as the first Sheikul Islam in Selangor in 1935.
- At that time, the post of Mufti of Selangor was not yet established.
- Upon leaving the service in 1952 he went to Mecca and settled there.
- He died on 10 October 1956 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
First Mufti of Selangor (1953 - 1968)
Sahibus Samahah Dato' Seri Utama Diraja Dato' Haji Yusof Bin Sahabuddin
- Born in 1883 in Kampung Teluk Menegun, Klang, Selangor.
- Received early education in Sekolah Melayu Teluk Menegun and subsequently pursued his studies at Pondok Padang Lalang, Bukit Mertajam, Penang.
- Between 1911 and 1917 he continued his studies in Mecca.
- Between 1953 and 1968 he was appointed as the Mufti of Selangor.
- After retirement he and his family left for Mecca and settled there.
- He passed away in 1973 in Mecca.
Second Mufti of Selangor (1968 - 1973)
Sahibus Samahah Dato' Seri Utama Diraja Dato' Haji Ghazali bin Haji Abdullah
- Born on 30 May 1915 in Kampung Padang Tenggala, Bota Kanan, Parit, Perak.
- In the early days he studied at Sekolah Melayu Bota Kanan and a Quranic School. He then continued his studies at Sekolah Agama Daerah Al-Ma’rif Al-Wataniah, Kepala Batas, Seberang Prai from 1931 to 1935.
- Between 1937 and 1941, furthered his studies at Madrasatul Saulatiah Al-Dindiah, Mecca.
- In 1947, he worked as a religious teacher at Sekolah Agama Rakyat, Kampung Layang-Layang Kanan, Parit, Perak. Two years later he became the Senior Assistant Teacher of Sekolah Madrasatul Ulum Al-Sharia, Bagan Datoh, Perak.
- In 1950 he was appointed to the Council of Islamic Religion and Malay Customs of Perak. He also served as Kadi at the Perak Islamic Religious Office from 1953 to 1963 and became the President of Perak Council of Ulema.
- Appointed as Deputy Mufti of Perak in 1965. Between 27.8.1965 and 31.05.1968, he was appointed as the first Grand Imam of the National Mosque.
- Between 01.06.1968 and 31.12.1973, he was appointed as Dato' Mufti of Selangor State Government based in Klang and the Member of Selangor Royal House.
- Upon completion of service he returned to Ipoh and was appointed Perak Mufti between 01.03.1977 and 28.02.1981 and also a member of the Perak State Assembly
- He passed away on 13.06.1981 at his home, Teratak Al-Ehsan and was buried at Gurab Cemetery, Jalan Kuala Kangsar, Perak.
Third Mufti of Selangor (1974 - 1976)
Sahibus Samahah Dato' Seri Utama Diraja Dato' Haji Md. Salleh bin Hassan Farid
- Born on 10 March 1910 in Pontianak, Indonesia.
- He was appointed as the Mufti of Selangor from 1 January 1974 until 29 February 1976.
- He died in 1992 at his home in Section 3, Shah Alam.
Forth Mufti of Selangor (1976 - 1985)
Sahibus Samahah Dato' Seri Utama Diraja Dato' Haji Hassan bin Haji Omar
- Born on 16 November 1922 in Kuang, Selangor.
- He received early education at Sekolah Melayu Kuang and pursued his studies at Sekolah Agama Arab Kuang.
- Between 1939 and 1942 he continued his studies at Madrasah Dinniah, Bukit Tinggi, Indonesia and subsequently continued his studies at Sekolah Normal Islam in Padang, Indonesia for 6 months because the Japanese had invaded Indonesia.
- In 1943 - 1944 he taught at Sekolah Agama Rakyat Segambut and at the end of 1944 until 1960 he taught at Sekolah Agama Karajaan Kuang.
- He was appointed as Kadi in Kuang, in 1961 before being transferred to become Kadi in Klang.
- He was appointed as Mufti from February 1976 to June 1985.
Fifth Mufti of Selangor (1985 - 1997)
Sahibus Samahah Dato' Seri Utama Diraja Dato' Haji Ishak bin Haji Baharom
- Born on 1 September 1930 in Kampung Bt. 22, Kanchong Darat, Banting, Selangor.
- Received early education at Sekolah Melayu Kanchong Darat, Banting from 1935 to 1941.
- In 1943, he continued his studies at Sekolah Menengah Arab Madrasah Al-Masriah, Bukit Mertajam, Seberang Prai until 1957.
- Subsequently he pursued his studies at Darul Uloom, Deobran, India until 1962.
- He worked as a teacher at Madrasah Al-Masriah for 2 years.
- On 15 August 1985 he was appointed as the Mufti of Selangor and retired on 31 October 1997 after serving for nearly 12 years. Now he continued his service as an Independent Preacher.
- On 30 January 2008, Dato' Haji Ishak, aged 78 years, due to internal head bleeding at 2:30 am at Hospital Sungai Buloh.