The division was created in early October 2002. It aims to make Selangor Mufti Department to grow in tandem with the progress of current information and communication technology.
- Staff of the department to maximise the use of information technology in the work process.
- Communities can learn and benefit by visiting the department's website.
- Management and administration of the department can be improved by the use of information technology.
- Manage the Department’s Resource Centre (Library) systematically to facilitate reference and research.
- Provide timely and accurate information to meet the information needs of officers and staff.
- Develop and provide printed source of information and multimedia.
- Provide lending, reference and information services.
- Develop and maintain applications and computerised systems related to management services in Selangor Mufti Department.
- Provide information technology infrastructure in Selangor Mufti Department.
- Plan and implement IT-related courses for employees.
- Provide support services related to information technology to all the staff at the Selangor Mufti Department.